Parents/guardians of children enrolled in sacrament preparation (First Holy Communion and/or Confirmation) are required to attend a total of 3 Parent Workshops during the 2021-2022 catechetical year.
- When applicable, use the Parent Tracking Sheets below to document your completion of in-person Parent Workshops throughout the year.
- The Parent Workshop requirement for 2021-2022 needs to be satisfied and documentation submitted to the Religious Education Office by April 30, 2022.
This year we are offering a selection of online and in-person Parent Workshops.
- Only 1 Online Parent Workshop may be used towards the completion of this requirement.
- The other 2 Parent Workshops need to be completed from the In-Person options.
- Please read & follow the directions carefully in order to receive credit for completion of the Parent Workshops.
- Throughout the year, if they become available through the parish or diocese, we may add additional Parent Workshop opportunities to the list. Please feel free to check back periodically.
ONLINE PARENT WORKSHOPS
Only 1 Online Parent Workshop may be used towards satisfying the Parent Workshop requirement for 2021-2022.
The Online Parent Workshops are pulled from FORMED.org.
The workshop links below will direct you to the FORMED signup/signin page.
- If you have already set up an account through FORMED.org, you will just need to sign in.
- If you are NEW to FORMED.org, you will need to set up an account through GSCC's subscription before you can view the video. You are NOT signing up for a Free Trial and no credit card/information should be entered - you are creating an acount under the subscription already purchased by Good Shepherd Parish. If you get the request to start a Free Trial, start over at www.formed.org and follow the steps below.
Steps to set up a NEW (FREE) FORMED account:
- Click the "Signup" button
- Select "Sign up as a parishioner"
- Under Find your Parish or Organization, type in "Good Shepherd 9539 Racquet Ct Elk Grove" and click the Next Button then follow the remaining prompts for your name & email, etc.
Once you are signed in to FORMED, do a search for the Workshop option you have chosen.
Option #1: Lection: Eucharist with Dr. Brant
Option #2: A Time to Revive
Option #3: How to Talk About Marriage and Same-Sex Unions by Trent Horn
HOW TO RECEIVE CREDIT FOR ONLINE PARENT WORKSHOPS
To receive credit for the Online Parent Workshops you need to complete this Google Form.
IN-PERSON PARENT WORKSHOPS
HOW TO RECEIVE CREDIT FOR IN-PERSON PARENT WORKSHOPS
To receive credit for the In-Person Parent Workshops you must bring your Parent Tracking Sheet to the Parent Workshop or Event to be stamped (or signed) by clergy, ministry lead, or event organizer at the end of the session.
To receive credit for the "movie" workshop options, a copy of your physical ticket stub or electronic printout must be attached to your Parent Tracking Sheet identifying the date and movie title.
Upcoming In-Person Parent Workshop Opportunities:
Option #13: Now through May 5, 2022 in Elk Grove and Sacramento Theaters. "Father Stu" Movie starring Mark Wahlberg (Rated R). A copy of your movie ticket stub must be attached to your Parent Tracking Sheet to receive credit. We will allow this to count as 2 Parent Workshop credits.
Description: When an injury ends his amateur boxing career, Stuart Long moves to Los Angeles to find money and fame. While scraping by as a supermarket clerk, he meets Carmen, a Sunday school teacher who seems immune to his bad-boy charm. Determined to win her over, the longtime agnostic starts going to church to impress her. However, a motorcycle accident leaves him wondering if he can use his second chance to help others, leading to the surprising realization that he's meant to be a Catholic priest.
Option #14: May 17, 2022 from 7:00 - 8:30 PM @ William Jessup University in Rocklin, CA. "Religious Liberty and Parental Responsibility in K-12 Education & Curriculum" organized by the Catholic Diocese of Sacramento, William Jessup University, and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Information Flyer
Description: This FREE event will equip people of faith to respectfully engage in the public square with religious convictions demonstrated in a winsome and redemptive value. Contact Moises de Leon at email@example.com for more information and to RSVP for this event.
Completed In-Person Parent Workshops:
Option #1: November 19, 2021 from 6:00 - 7:15 PM. Healing Waters - Racial Healing & Listening Circles (Good Shepherd Church Narthex)-Completed
Option #2: December 1 - 6, 2021 in Elk Grove Theaters. Christmas with The Chosen: The Messengers-Completed
Option #3: January 31, 2022 from 6:30 - 7:45 PM. "What Do You Seek?" with Fr. Michael Vaughan (Good Shepherd Church)-Completed
Option #4: February 24, 2022 from 6:30 - 7:30 PM. "Forgive, Forget, Forever" - The Sacrament of Reconciliation with Fr. Leon Juchniewicz (Good Shepherd Church)-Completed
Option #5: March 30, 2022 from 7:00 - 8:30 PM. Lenten Parish Mission - "Living Joy" with Chris Stefanick (Good Shepherd Church)-Completed
Options #6-11: Each Friday night from March 4 - April 8, 2022. Soup for the Soul & Stations of the Cross featuring THE SEARCH video series hosted by Chris Stefanick (Fr. Philip Wells Parish Center & Church)-Completed
Option #12: April 25, 2022 from 6:30 - 7:30 PM. "I'm Stressed Out, Burnt Out, And Overwhelmed, Where Is My Good Shepherd?" with Sr. Karla Felix-Rivera, VDMF, JCL (Good Shepherd Church)-Completed